My Pvc Chicken Coop Project

Thanks, if you need any pointers let me know. I think the great thing about this type of pen is that you can do almost anything with it. Dog pen, goats, etc. And also a nice outdoor space for hanging out,(using screen instead) or parking lawnmower or motorcycle etc. etc. The uses are limitless.
Quote:

You know you can make it smaller if you want. Just construct it on a smaller scale.
Quote:

thumbsup.gif
WE love it!!! Showed it to hubby and well, we had our plans all drawn up for our run...NOPE....now we are going to copy yours!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! We live in FL , so we will be adding t's for the joints on the two 10 footers to add water to make it heavier....I think it will help us reduce materials and therefore reduce cost...
THANKS so much!!! we will be making our 10 foot by 20 foot and going to move the coop a few feet back so we can extend the run!!
woot.gif

Just wanted to say I am flattered. Also you mentioned filling up with water. I used 3/4" self tapping screws to attach the hardware cloth and shade cloth to the 3"pipe. so if you are doing it that way make sure you attach the screws high enough up on the pipe so when you fill it with water it won't leak out. Or you can just drill some holes straight down through the 3" pipes on the corners and drive in rebar pieces or you can buy those GIANT nails, they are easier to pull out. And by going 10 feet wide, 20 foot joints of 3/4" pvc pipe gives you a center height of almost 8 feet. Good luck! Zip ties came in very handy for me as I only have two hands and was working by myself. But as stated before I used sheet rock screws after I got everything lined up. I also used them in the joints of the 3" pipe, as I said before in case I wanted to dismantle it.
Quote:

Suzegg-Simply fantastic! I too wish I had that much room. Question-Just wondering how you attached the door? I read the post but still don't understand the details. I would like to make something similar on a much smaller scale for young chicks.

well, we are working on ours today! final size ended up being 12 foot wide by 16 foot long...just a little bit smaller than I wanted, but we only have 12 chickens. They will each have 16 sq foot of fun run space!! Hubby is constructing ours just a little different. Will take pics as soon as we are done. The 3 inch pipe was way too much so we are using the same size everywhere! using stakes to anchor it! 5 on each side.
Where do you live Suzeeg? We are in FL.

THANKS again for all the info and help.

Actually about 30 feet of the black pipe was free, and I got the rest at half price from a trailer house place. But the 3" white schedule 40 was only about $5.00 for a 10 foot joint. so I would have went that route if I had not gotten the black. I live in South Louisiana. I would love to see the pics of your pen.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom