1. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    This is my attempt at a light weight, movable pvc chicken run. I can attach a coop later to the back of it. Not too bad considering I had no plans, few tools, very little carpentry skills, and a very skeptical husband and son to help with getting the wire on. So far the girls have spent 2 nights in it with no incidents! I used 1"x2" welded wire.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/56972_20100520_56.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. Zoomom

Zoomom Certified Cackleberry Consumer

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Very Nice! They should enjoy all that space. [​IMG]

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Wow, I like!

4. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Yeah, it is 10'x10', so they do have a fair amount of room. The problem on my property is finding a 10x10 level spot that isn't right next to the house! Oh well, they will only be in it full time for a few months, then I plan on letting them free range during the day. Then I will move the run further from the house. I originally thought I would add a coop to the back of it, but I may just put nesting boxes in this just like it is. I would raise them up so they wouldn't be on the ground. Do you think that would work?

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Well, that idea about keeping them full time in the run for a few months didn't play out like I originally planned. I started letting them out after just a few days. At first, only on my days off, so I could keep an eye on things, but now everyday. So far things have gone great...no problems, no predator losses. They will be 8 weeks old June 19th.

6. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Songster

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    Wow, very nice! [​IMG]

7. 3chimama

3chimama Songster

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    You should be proud of yourself!
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by