My quail are hatching

texan4ut

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 17, 2015
Ther are a little early this is day 16 but they are looking good. Wasn't a one hatched when I left the house at 3:45 then met friends for a Cinco De Mayo celebration and got home at 9:15 and bang got about 16 so far and some eggs moving. From reading all the stuff on here I can leave em in there overnite so the others will hatch?

Yes leave them in the incubator for a day at least or until they fluff up. The others should wanna start to hatch soon. They all come around the same time so just keep watch and make sure the are all healthy and safe. Good luck

Yes leave them in the incubator for a day at least or until they fluff up. The others should wanna start to hatch soon. They all come around the same time so just keep watch and make sure the are all healthy and safe. Good luck

They are popping out like popcorn now. Some are fluffed up biu others are just hatching. Kinda cool to watch. It seems those that are trying to get out of the egg the and rest the others come and nudge them and get em moving.

Another question my brooder has 1/2 inch wire mesh I think the little feet of the quail will slide through so I guess I need some news paper or other material on it till they get a little bigger?

First thing the others come and nudge them because they are like encouraging them to hatch! It's so cute and I always thought it was so nice but I did have one of mine try to hard to nudge another out that it started to bleed. When that happened I had just seperated them but kept them close to each other and she hatched and was fine. Also, it would be a good idea to put a shelf liner, a towel/rag or somthing down until they are bigger because if the get their feet stuck a lot they may break or dislocate and their is really not much you can do after that. Just keep an eye out. Good luck and congrats!

Eggs started hatching sometime after 3:30 yesterday. Today is day 17 and there quit of few eggs that haven't hatched. The one that have are doing well. When the light come on in my homemade incubator they get up and move around and are quite active when the light go out they calm and huddle together. None of the eggs that haven't hatched are showing any signs they will yet, i know some on here have said they get hatches at day 18. Should I open the incubator and get the little ones out now and then close it up and let it keep going even though opening it will lower humidity for a bit. Let me know BYC

Update, got 19 to hatch out of 60 eggs still have several in the bator as today was 17 days and tomorrow will be 18 but I don't think any will hatch. I put the 19 in my brooder, dipped several in the water and had plenty of food on paper towels in front of the feeder.. Some just ran to the feed and started eating YEA and some I dipped in water drank and then went to the feeder. After a while they all got under my light fought over space then settled down. Stayed that way for awhile. I left the house for several hours came back and they were eating drinking and having a large time so I hope I am good. Temp under the light was a little high but they stayed around the edges. tried turn down a bit but rather have a little high I guess than too low. Sorry for the long post but I don't know short hand. And unless your old you don't know what short hand is LOL

If you know short hand the mirror doesn't lie LOL But your only as your mind believes and your body will reply

Back
Top Bottom