my quail are nt laying

ramdam

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 16, 2014
egypt
Hi guys. I have 16 females coturnix quails and 6 males. I dont know the exact age but most of thwm seem mature to me. I only get an average of one egg every 24 hours. Do u think the production will speed up soon? And so far all the egg that were layd i put then in my incubator for 5 days then cracked them. They were no embryo at all. Any suggestions or answer to this situation? Experienced ppl answer will be appreciated. Thanks. ramy.

How many hours of light are they getting? Japanese quail need at least 14 hours of full spectrum lighting each day in order to lay. I don't know what season it is in egypt but here in the US we have to run lights during winter when the days are short.

They mature quickly and will begin laying eggs between 2-3 months of age, so it is also possible that they have yet to mature.

Here is winter tome as well. We have like from 6 morning to 6 evening light. Plus i have a connected yellow lamp. Warm light lamp for them 24 hours a day for heating them up and for lightning purposes. I know that its usually cool light or white light. But i donno. They have like 7 to 8 weeks of age. So they mihht be not fully mature?

Yeah they should all start laying within the next 4 weeks. Running the light 24 hours a day will substantially shorten their lifespans so try to only run it for about 4 extra hours after dark.

One more question. Do u think that the infertility of the egg that they are laying is due tothe immaturity of the males or females or even both?

Hi again. I jave attached a new photo of a quail which have something weird to me. His neck is upside down and turned to his back since the morning. Any answer abt this odd situation? He is trying to stand normally but cant do it. Please see the photo in the album

Back
Top Bottom