My quail babies!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Eyeheartquail, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Day old Coturnix quail. English whites, italians, browns, tuxedos, and rosettas. Such an amazing mixture of colors for only a 15 egg hatch. :::SWOON:::

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    aaawww they are so cute, my hubby wants to get some started around the house but we jsut aren't sure how.

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I am getting some Quail eggs today from Hot2Pot [​IMG] but the post has been holding them hostage in Austin for days now [​IMG]!!! I sure hope they are still good by the time they finally arrive [​IMG]!!! I also ordered some off of Ebay. I ordered these cages too what do you think ? I figured if they weren't quite right I could modify them. I plan on having them in my run and then I can move them into the coop when the weather is bad.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Eyeheartquail

Sep 7, 2011
    Suzeqf: I would check out the info in the quail forum. They have a very informational sticky.

Melissa Rose: What colors are you getting? I am always leery of ebay. I have heard of many horror stories from the quail forum. Be careful ordering Jumbos or A & M's through there. I think that would be a great set up as long as you keep them out of drafts in cold weather like you plan. A lot of people keep them in pairs or trios but I keep mine in one straight covey. Jazmineszoo keeps a similar setup to mine. She is my BFF [​IMG]

5. Melissa Rose

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Good Idea [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Eyeheartquail

Sep 7, 2011
    Oops, we posted around the same time so I edited my last post. LOL

7. Melissa Rose

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I'm not sure what Deb Hot2Pot is sending they are a gift [​IMG]but this is the description from the other ones - Your assortment will include Jumbo Pharaoh, Tibetan (both reds and rosettas), and Texas A&M . [​IMG][​IMG]. My run is really nice and protected and down here in South Texas the weather is pretty mild so I think they will do good! I know JazminesZoo she posts to one of the hatching threads I hang out in [​IMG][​IMG]

8. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    Me [​IMG] your new babies !!! We got our Quail from the same guy, and ours are all related, Eye[​IMG] got the them first, but I got my bator 1st so I hatched first ! But she got eggs 1st ~ [​IMG] It has been fun being able to talk chicken with peeps who actually want to hear it !

HELLO MRose !!!! [​IMG]

9. sheboyganjohn

sheboyganjohn Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2012
    Sheboygan, WI
    Quail are fun to hatch. That was the first birds we ever had, ordered 36 eggs figuring we would have issues with the first ever hatch and had 34 pop out. It was fun seeing all the tiny fuzzballs running around the incubator. Might try some again this summer.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    They're so cute [​IMG] Makes me want to try hatching quail. Congrats on a great hatch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by