My quail babies!

Eyeheartquail

Songster
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
Day old Coturnix quail. English whites, italians, browns, tuxedos, and rosettas. Such an amazing mixture of colors for only a 15 egg hatch. :::SWOON:::

Last edited:
aaawww they are so cute, my hubby wants to get some started around the house but we jsut aren't sure how.

I am getting some Quail eggs today from Hot2Pot
fl.gif
but the post has been holding them hostage in Austin for days now
th.gif
!!! I sure hope they are still good by the time they finally arrive
fl.gif
!!! I also ordered some off of Ebay. I ordered these cages too what do you think ? I figured if they weren't quite right I could modify them. I plan on having them in my run and then I can move them into the coop when the weather is bad.
hugs.gif
love.gif

Suzeqf: I would check out the info in the quail forum. They have a very informational sticky.

Melissa Rose: What colors are you getting? I am always leery of ebay. I have heard of many horror stories from the quail forum. Be careful ordering Jumbos or A & M's through there. I think that would be a great set up as long as you keep them out of drafts in cold weather like you plan. A lot of people keep them in pairs or trios but I keep mine in one straight covey. Jazmineszoo keeps a similar setup to mine. She is my BFF
love.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Deb Hot2Pot is sending they are a gift
love.gif
but this is the description from the other ones - Your assortment will include Jumbo Pharaoh, Tibetan (both reds and rosettas), and Texas A&M .
hugs.gif
love.gif
. My run is really nice and protected and down here in South Texas the weather is pretty mild so I think they will do good! I know JazminesZoo she posts to one of the hatching threads I hang out in
hugs.gif
love.gif

Me
love.gif
your new babies !!! We got our Quail from the same guy, and ours are all related, Eye
love.gif
got the them first, but I got my bator 1st so I hatched first ! But she got eggs 1st ~
lau.gif
It has been fun being able to talk chicken with peeps who actually want to hear it !

HELLO MRose !!!!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quail are fun to hatch. That was the first birds we ever had, ordered 36 eggs figuring we would have issues with the first ever hatch and had 34 pop out. It was fun seeing all the tiny fuzzballs running around the incubator. Might try some again this summer.

Back
Top Bottom