my quail chick still hasnt stood up!

Citrus1703

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 8, 2014
Hi, I need help, I have a chick that must be at least three or four hours old and still isn't on feet, is this normal? It is a Chinese painted quail chick, I saved it from its mother who rejected it. It rolls around a little and then falls back to sleep. Temperature at the moment is 34-35 degrees Celsius.

Last edited:
has he tried to eat or drink? You must get him to drink and eat asap. He also could have been injured by the mother if this is the case you might not be able to save him. You could give him electrolites in the water if you have any but at this point I dont know if that will help. Good luck.

I believe he has drunk a little bit yes. He may have consumed a very small amount of food but I'm not sure, he had chick crumb on his beak but I couldn't tell you if he ate it or if I fell off. It shuffles about a lot and tries his best to get away from me If I try to pick him up but he just can't stand :(

I think the chick has lost all feeling in its legs as the legs look as if they are starting to shrivel up beneath him and he's becoming very weak. :(

I had the same problem. I'm new at this, but I figured it might be how the chick grew in the egg. It took almost a week and he got one leg under himself. With a bit more time he started to run. He sometimes kicks his one leg to the side, but I'm confident he'll be strong enough soon. He's only 2 weeks old. :)

Back
Top Bottom