My Quail Coop In Progress

Little_Bigfoot

Songster
9 Years
Feb 1, 2011
Washington
Here Is My Coop In Progress I Am About 6 Hours In With Another 4 Hours To Go, There Are 6 Pens Total The Outer 4 Being 4 Ft By 4ft By 4ft And The Inner Two Being 4 Ft. By 8 Ft. By 4 Ft., I Am Using 2 In. By One In. Wire With Half By Half Wire For The Bottom Of The Coop ... Hopfully I Will Have My Finished Pics Up Soon.
78676_020.jpg

78676_022.jpg

78676_023.jpg

78676_025.jpg

78676_033.jpg

78676_034.jpg

78676_038.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Very Good.... I Would Say You May Wish To Reconsider Wire Size, At Least On The Bottom 2-3 Feet. While That Wire Will Hold Adult Quail Lil Guys Can Get Out And Lotsa Predators Can Reach In. And For Some Unknown Reason Quail Can Really Attract Predators. I Like That Design... Single Story Or 2 Story?

Two Story You Think 2 Inch By One Inch Is To Big? Its In A Fenced Back Yard To. Maybe I Should Use The Half By Half For The Bottom Story?

Quote:
that looks great but i personally think you would be wise to have 1/2 " X 1/2 " EVERYWHERE. i know from experience that opossum will reach in on 1" X 1" and pull off heads.........i do everything in 1/2" now.

You should take a trip to California!

I need quail pens and coops!

Very nice and I hope it works out great for you. It's nice to see when others offer advice. Keeps you from having to change things lateron.

Good luck!

Purdy nice concept!
I too would put 1/2" x 1/2" wire everywhere you can afford to............even if you have to eat cold-cuts for the next coupla weeks! You'll be glad you did. You gonna have poop trays in between?

Last edited:
THE ONLY THJING IS THAT I AM NOT BUILDING IT IN PLACE IT IS ACTUALY GOING TO BE WEDGED IN BETWEEN MY FENCE AND A BUILDING THAT KITTY CORNERS MY PROPERTY SO IT SEEMS POINTLESS TO PUT HALF ALL THE WAY AROUND WHEN 3 SIDES WILL BE INCLOSED WE WILL SE IF WORST COMES TO WORST I WILL JUST HAVE TO BUILD ANOTHER COOP
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom