MY Quail egg turner! 150ct. or 120ct. store bought?

RoosterRoo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
PA
I came up with an idea for my Quail eggs. I was tired of buying egg turners ($39.99) and then have to buy the Quail rails (additional $14.99) not including shipping if needed! So I am making my own! Lets just say my way does 150 in the same area as just the Quail rails! Figure in the frame for the store bought and I could add another 25 making a total of 175ct egg turner for about 1/4 of the price!!!

Items used for build:
1 length (10') of 3/4" PVC schedule 40 ($2.25) Not all was used
1 Replacement egg turner motor ($9.99 HERE) I am sure you can find it cheaper on ebay
Some type of glue

You take a dash of these

and a pinch of this

and you get this (150ct capacity)

It can be made larger if needed! }:)

Last edited:
Oh, that is genius!
lol.png

I am out now but when I get home I am going to glue the pieces together and update pics. ;)

It is not completely finished yet. I still have to clean it up a little and make the turning unit. So far I just built it for 150ct Quail eggs

And in comparison to size of the store bought egg turners (120ct.), there is still room to equal the same footprint! I am sure I could get 175ct. for the same footprint as the store bought! That is 46% MORE egg capacity for less than 1/2 the $$!! }:)
ep.gif
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
yesss.gif

Last edited:
So. After doing some measurements and math, I decided to make the rack the same footprint size as store bought egg turners. What does that mean?? Well, instead of having a 120ct capacity, you now have room for 200 EGGS!!!
yesss.gif
ep.gif
jumpy.gif

For those not thinking clearly due to the awesomeness of my design, that is a 67% capacity INCREASE!!

The egg rack does not mount on the egg turner, it is just there for size reference.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom