My Queen Bea is gone!

I am sorry... :aww I just lost one of mine too. I was very upset..still am. I am so sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif

Penny came back! She was in the barn in front of the door to her coop room when my husband got home Friday. I am so relieved to have her.

Bea never did come back. Thank you all so much for your sympathies and allowing me to cry.

Oh! I'm so glad you got one back. Have you been around to all of your neighbors to check for Bea? Maybe she is holed up under someone's porch or something...

SHELLY, be sure to look EVERYWHERE that she could possibly go. I had a hen come up missing one time and I thought something got her, but a week later I saw her out with the other chickens while I was mowing. Well, I made a few more rounds on the mower and looked over and she was GONE again. Right then, I decided she had a nest somewhere and began looking all over. Finally, I found her up under one of the bushes by the house sitting on 17 unfertilized eggs (I had no rooster at the time), so I went and got sme fertile eggs from my friend and put them in place of the unfertile ones. 3 weeks later we had chicks. Just make sure you look real good, because there's not many predators that can snatch a chickens without pulling some feathers out.

I'm so glad Penny came home!

Didn't somebody tell a story about a chicken that got trapped under something out in the yard, too? There might not be a big chance that she is at a neighbors, but it never hurts to try. My older birds have ranged pretty far when they wanted to, like over 5 acres! If a bird got startled, she could go pretty far just flying/running to get away from whatever scared her and end up in an area she doesn't usually go. It never hurts to try.

Back
Top Bottom