My rabbit just had babies. What should I be feeding the Mom

1Lynda

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 5, 2013
My rabbit had 5 babies yesterday. The babies seems to look healthy. What should I be feeding the Mom? I have always given her hay, rabbit pellets and fruit and vegetables. She seems ravenous!

welcome-byc.gif
Sounds good, just make sure she doesn't run out out of pellets and hay. Check out this link for other feeding tips: http://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/
Congrats on your new bunny babies!
clap.gif

Unlimited Pellets and hay. You can feed her fresh fruits and vegis until the babies come out of the nest box and start poking around the food. Once the babies are eating keep them away from the fresh stuff. You can still hand feed it to her as long as you're sure the babies don't get any.

^^^^^^What they said. All the pellets she'll eat, and then some. She'll appreciate the hay, too. Like they said, fruits and veggies until the babies come out - plus, it's a rare rabbit who doesn't like some nice clover and dandelion. (I have one, though....:idunno )

Question: I've read that you can give lactating rabbits cow milk - both liquid and powdered (dry) milk. Is this true? Would such strict herbivores be able to process the milk?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom