1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My random hobo story.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Haha I'm helplessily trying to rack up the posts so I can get to 1,000 [​IMG] so,... here goes my random story:

I was walking through D.C with my little hand bag (to die for) And this Hobo stops me and asks me for some pocket money. Knowing me, all I had where two hundred dollar bills. So I handed him a bananna. He yelled "I DON'T WANT NO NANNA"he then proceeded to chuck the bananna at my head and watch me. It hits me square in the forehead. I huff up pick up the bananna and chuck it at him.... bad idea. It hits him in the belly. He starts chasing me. Bad thing is he went back picked up the bananna and threw it at some lady who called the cops. true story [​IMG] Only I would have a bananna fight with a hobo. [​IMG]

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    There is a boys vs girls counting game in Games, Jokes, Fun thread, That will help you out on your way to 1000 posts.

3. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Thank you... Im so close I can smell it [​IMG]

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    After living near downtown Milwaukee for over four years, a few blocks from a homeless shelter (they were very well behaved actually), I learned to respond that I didn't have any money on me. And 90% of the time, it was true, I rarely carried any cash, or even my wallet. I just kept my student ID and my drivers license on me. I had no spare change on me. That response drew the most understanding from those who were panhandling. So, a quick, "sorry, I don't have any money on me," is one of the best things to say.

Unless they specifically ask for food, they rarely ever take it. I do remember one time a man asking me outside a walgreens I was about to go to for food, since he was really hungry. He didn't ask for money. So, I asked him if he had any allergies, and got him some food and something to drink that didn't require cooking to eat. He was definitely happy. I gave him directions to the homeless shelter too, in case he didn't know.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Aren't you glad it wasn't an apple?

Imp

6. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    The funny thing was, he was eyeing my bananna so I offered it to him, he took it and chucked it.... he could had siad no thanks....

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are building a new facility now and there has been a guy camped in a tent right next to the property for 2 years now. He has never bothered anyone, and we actually feel safer with him there. There were alot less thefts when he was around. Today Code Enforcement told us he ran the guy off. We asked him WHY??? He said he can't be camping there. We told him he has been there for two years so why are you tossing him now??? Poor guy has to live somewhere. Well if he comes back, we are taking him lunch.

8. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Im not saying that all homeless poeple are hobos and I personaly thing hobos and homeless people are awsome, but this was one of those things I just had to share xD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by