My re-purposed playhouse chicken/duck coop *pic* heavy

keirys

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Mid Michigan
It's not as nice as some of the coops here but it works

DD 7 named the coop Adobo (Filipino chicken dish)
the duck coop is underneath
DD named the duck coop Balut (Filipino duck egg snack)
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Total cost $50.00

The playhouse was oldest DDs when she was 2 she's 15 now. Since none of the kids play in it anymore we decided to turn it into a chicken coop (the chickens ate all our grass) We now have grass growing SLOW

I will cover the duck coop with Solexx this weekend
I have 1 inch hardware cloth buried 18 inches.

The wood on the front door is temporary I am putting Solexx on it this weekend
I have hardware clothe buried @ 18 inches here too

Duck door is 2 feet high x 3 1/2 feet wide

I used an old table top for the door

The dog kennel we got for free
celebrate.gif

We put in 2 roost inside the coop with 2x4 laying around
the nesting box in an old toy box

Feeder & waterer

Chicken nipple waterer so far the ducks are the only ones using it
The feeder is a trigger feeder that I made. So far the ducks are the only ones that know how to use it
he.gif

Run 6x30
If anyone wants a Honda Odysee Go Cart its all yours!!! I have a generator back there too that's too heavy for me to move alone.

Last edited:
Very nice. How many ducks do you have? My daughter wants us to get ducks next. Are they more work than the chickens?

We put in 2 roost inside the coop with 2x4 laying around
the nesting box in an old toy box
Hi! I know this post is old but hopefully you’re still active. How did you remove the blue table and the sink with the little doors in the bottom. I have the exact same playhouse and wasn’t able to get them off. I also converted it into a little coop for my girls but would love for them to have that little extra wiggle room 🥰.

Hi! I know this post is old but hopefully you’re still active. How did you remove the blue table and the sink with the little doors in the bottom. I have the exact same playhouse and wasn’t able to get them off. I also converted it into a little coop for my girls but would love for them to have that little extra wiggle room 🥰.
It looks like the OP hasn't been on since 2013.
I have a different playhouse that I converted into a duck house. There were some plastic tabs holding things into place in mine. I could just pop them off.
Do you have pics maybe we can offer some advice?

It looks like the OP hasn't been on since 2013.
I have a different playhouse that I converted into a duck house. There were some plastic tabs holding things into place in mine. I could just pop them off.
Do you have pics maybe we can offer some advice?
Thank you 😊. The house is exactly like theirs. I was just wondering how they removed the blue platics inside. I tried and was afraid of causing damage to the house so I left it as is.
put wire mesh on all windows except the one in the back. They use that as their entry/exit, I added a little door and it shut it at night when they go in to sleep. The front door has wire mesh also, I’m in the process of making a little Dutch door and making that their main entry exit and the back adding their nesting box.
What I need help with is removing the 2 pieces I marked. At the moment i made cut outs on the little seats, and they use that alona with the under side of the sink to lay their eggs in. I drilled in 2 roosts from the table to the sink. So far it’s all working out great but I would love them to have more space to be able to add more roost areas. I’ve only found 2 converted playhouse like these so I didn’t have much to go off. I hope I make sense, I always have ideas and I can never explain them how I hear them in my head 😅.

Where I marked is what I want to remove
7C28D4B3-A5EA-4DF3-93F1-38DAFFE31615.jpeg

Here I cut the top off and they use them as little nesting boxes. And they go in under the sink and use it as a nesting spot also.
47895714-75B4-467E-AE2B-841467DD8C74.jpeg
476F5D17-FD60-4B68-8B64-8E4A07E7D4D6.jpeg

I added their roosts like this but once I remove the pieces the roosts could be longer and they can have more space on the bottom. I know the seats are easy to remove but I didn’t bother leaving them off until I removed everything together.
CBB7B274-7D5B-4480-AECE-98FE27121A0D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom