My Red Tom Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by josee5, Oct 14, 2007.

1. josee5

josee5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    He's so full of himself!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

He's so handsome! [​IMG]

How old is he?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  3. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    He is a very handsome guy! I really want a tom turkey. My husband asked me what for, what do they do? And I showed him these pictures. And I told him, "When you look like THAT, you don't have to DO anything!!" I see one in our future. I have to find a breed that is really sweet. I have a place in the barn for one already. Can they be alone, or would two toms be better? It would be with my chickens (all hens) during the day.

4. josee5

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    He's about 6 months. I love to pick him up and pet him, but he is getting so heavy. He is so funny he knows if there is a strange animal around and watches them closely untill he's sure it's okay. Someone was kind enough to drop off a kitten and he watches it every time we let it out to play. But our older cats we have had he doesn't pay any attention to.

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Wow he's handsome. What breed is that? I want one. [​IMG]

6. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    he is sooooo handsome!!! Now I want one too!!! I'm gonna get in trouble looking at this catalog of birds ya'll keep showing me!!! [​IMG]

7. josee5

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    He's a bourbon red. We also have a black spanish, a royal palm and one we are not sure what it is . It is a brown with creamish points,

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    He is handsome. Turkeys scare me...seriously. I was chased and flogged by two toms when I was 9 and I just like them from a distance now.

9. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW he is perty...........I have been working at a local pumpkin patch /petting zoo and they have 2 turkeys for sale.......I am so tempted...............what is a good price for a pair? these would cost me 40 bucks.....just wondering..I love them !

10. turkeyman

turkeyman Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2007
    That is a good deal on turkeys and your tom is nice looking

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by