1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My Rescue chicken!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by barred-rocks-rock, Jun 9, 2010.

1. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    This is my 5 (ish) week old Brown Leghorn or Wellsummer hen, Olive. The neighbors dog caught her and they gave her to us. Im gonna see if we can keep her, but we are probably giving her up when she grows some. We might be getting her some "companions" to keep her company and "give her away" [​IMG] [​IMG]

Im almost positive she's a girl. A brown leghorn roo at that age would have a huge comb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you guys verify that it's a girl for me? I know that she hasnt feathered out in a few places, but thats not from being a Roo, she got it from the dog. Thanks!

2. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    looks to be a girlly to me :3

3. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Awesome!

4. sred98

sred98 Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Definitely a girl! Hard to say what she is going to be. I am going to guess Light brown leghorn, because of her more hooked beak. But, her body looks heavier than a Leghorn, so she could be a Wellsummer. A lot of help, right? [​IMG] Either way, she is beautiful!

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: