My return to chickens

Sandies chicks

Hatching
Jun 12, 2016
While I was growing up we had chickens. Now I have decided to have chickens again. I have 5 rhode island reds, one Orphanian, and one white rock or a leghorn. We got him from a friend after Easter he was blue now he is white. Looking forward to eggs in about 3 months.

Hi Sandie; glad you are here on BYC. I am raising my first flock. They are about 6 weeks old and, happily, all is well so far. You are way further along the learning curve than I am. This is a great on-line community. The members are really generous with their time and advice.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Sounds like you have a nice flock! I grew up with chickens too but it wasn't until I was older I got back into them. I guess once they are in your blood, you never do get them out! Ha!

Make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!! :)

welcome-byc.gif

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am so happy you joined us Sandies chicks! You must be the 5th person I have met today that has gotten back into chicken raising! These are my favorite members to welcome because of the hard work they have put into getting chickens and putting in the dedication and time to raise them! I am a big fan of Rhode Island Reds. Their eggs are a very cute cream color and taste delicious! They are very cute and can be a little feisty, but it makes the coop more intense! That is awesome you are raising babies in a few months if you have any questions feel free to visit or Raising Baby Chicks Forum here for all your needs when raising your new flock members
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks
I hope you and your flock are doing well and I wish you luck with your eggs!
Justin
thumbsup.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I hope that you enjoy your chicken-keeping renaissance.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom