My roo and my polish do funny things........

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
Ok ive been noticing it for about 2 weeks now so im posting about it,I have 3 girls and a boy the other ones got killed when I forgot to put them in there coop 1 night,I have 2 golden phonixes a polish and an oegb roo.The girls are about somthing like 4 months old now.during the day at random times I see my roo and my polish doing a funny thing,my roo squats down showing his nech feathers and jumps up toward the polish then I see the polish start jumping up,and its only the polish not the other ones.Is the roo trying to mate with her but she wont let him?Its very funny becouse shes alreadt alot bigger then him.

The funny thing is is she isnt a roo no crowing ect and the hatcherie was MPC so I doubt they mixed the gender wrong.Its not a serious fight,my oegb will try to kill a roo,once I brought 1 of my friends huge rir roo into the yard to butcher in a cage my lil roo was dwarfed by like 10 times but he wanted to kill the rir roo he even pecked threw the cage and drew blood!So there definitly not fighting....... or else she would be dead by now.

I've seen my hens doing this when I brought in new hens. It ended within a few minutes and they all settled back down and pecked the ground. They were establishing a pecking order, and then they were done with it. Hens can have sqwabbles too
smile.png

Ya but they have been together since I brought them outside when they were chickies and the oegb is not a hen.

Oh, well I was just pointing out that that sounds exactly like what my hens were doing. I wouldn't call it fighting, just setitng each other in their place. I'd think that it can happen with any bird, even siblings...gotta maintan the order
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
You know what?I think my hen is trying to be top or somthing it may seem unusual but I guess it could happen with a hen and a roo.There not really fighting but bouncing around lol

Back
Top Bottom