My roo is dead:'-( but from what?

Osono

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2022
My sweet d'uccle bantam was found this afternoon, laying on the floor of the run dead, still warm so it must have just happened. There was not a mark on him nor feather out of place. The d*mned rabbit that eats chicken feed ran away when I went out... Is it possible that the rabbit scared him to death? Ive had chickens die before from fright when a strange dog got loose in the yard. Only other things I can think of are perhaps some internal physical issue or perhaps a refusal to eat the new pellet form of feed I got instead of the crumble? He came busting out of the coop this morning to eat his morning scratch and get some pets just as usual, Im so sad hes just gone all of a sudden.

My sweet d'uccle bantam was found this afternoon, laying on the floor of the run dead, still warm so it must have just happened. There was not a mark on him nor feather out of place. The d*mned rabbit that eats chicken feed ran away when I went out... Is it possible that the rabbit scared him to death? Ive had chickens die before from fright when a strange dog got loose in the yard. Only other things I can think of are perhaps some internal physical issue or perhaps a refusal to eat the new pellet form of feed I got instead of the crumble? He came busting out of the coop this morning to eat his morning scratch and get some pets just as usual, Im so sad hes just gone all of a sudden.
I'm sorry about your rooster.

How old was he?
You mention he had not been eating the pellet feed, how long was he not eating?

It can be hard to know what happened unless further examination/diagnostics are performed. If you still have the body, keep it refrigerated and send it to your state lab for analysis, this will be your best bet in finding out the cause of death.

https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Back
Top Bottom