My Roo is Getting a Little Too Big For His Britches

I'm not sure where you got the impression you were being told you were "wrong". As LG stated, there are many ways to manage our flocks, and this is a "discussion forum". If we all just posted the same old thing, there wouldn't be much discussion, would there?
Ditto Dat^^^

spiritbrook, I understand how you feel sometimes, however, when I begin taking comments to heart, I remember the best post I've read on here about dealing with a rooster, and it reminds me not to take things so personally. It was written by the mother of a pre-teen describing how her daughter dealt with their mean rooster.

The rooster kept attacking the girl, so one day the girl walked out with a bottle in hand, set the bottle down beside her, prepared, and waiting for the attack. When the rooster attacked, she grabbed the rooster. Then she grabbed the bottle. She proceeded to the kiddie pool with both, and shoved the rooster in the kiddie pool. The bottle contained lavender scented shampoo, and the girl proceeded to bathe the rooster. When she got done, she set him on the ground, and he ran back to his flock. His hens wanted nothing to do with him for a few days, until the lavender scent wore off, and he never attacked the girl again.

I've personally not used this method for rooster behavior training, but it worked for her, and the mother's account was hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom