My roo won't stop!!

StephanieB1220

Chirping
Sep 28, 2020
So this is my first rooster and he is constantly crowing! I'm talking in the middle of the night, middle of the day, absolutely nonstop. I'm just making sure this isn't abnormal. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, ignoring a warning, or if he's just this annoying lol. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Ive never had a rooster that HASN'T crowed at odd hours. Its normal. If you have supplemental lighting in your coop, that doesn't help... it seems to encourage it. Ours is quiet from about 10pm-3am. I just thank the powers that be that our coop isn't close to anybody! Including my bedroom window!

Roosters will crow at the most random times when I went camping someone had a rooster that liked to crow from 4 AM-7 am I was MAD I couldn't sleep and it was HOT outside.

Ive never had a rooster that HASN'T crowed at odd hours. Its normal. If you have supplemental lighting in your coop, that doesn't help... it seems to encourage it. Ours is quiet from about 10pm-3am. I just thank the powers that be that our coop isn't close to anybody! Including my bedroom window!
When it is really cold we have a heat lamp set up but it isn't that cold right now so I've been leaving it off for that very reason! I feel like it's gotten really bad since I am keeping it off but maybe I'm just paying more attention.

Roosters will crow at the most random times when I went camping someone had a rooster that liked to crow from 4 AM-7 am I was MAD I couldn't sleep and it was HOT outside.
Yeah he starts around 3 or 4 in the morning and from there its an all day affair. Hes killing me as I am an extra light sleeper to begin with!

Back
Top Bottom