My Roos HATE this chicken...

Serenity Sav

Songster
8 Years
Jan 23, 2014
Albuquerque
When my two Roos were teenager-ish, they'd spot THIS chicken on their treats bag. They hated him. They'd fluff up their feathers and charge him. I thoguht that maaaybe they were attacking the bag because they knew treats were inside? Maybe it was just my imagination that they hated the chicken.

I showed the roos a picture of that chicken on the computer, and (separately) each one would squawk, then fluff up and try to intimidate him. Lol

That was about two months ago, and I'd kind of forgotten about the cartoon chicken hatred.
But today, when I was giving them treats from the bag, I unwittingly put the bag down on the ground.

Oh man! My now-big Roos saw that chicken, and it was war! The boss roo had his neck feathers stand up and get poofy, and he stood up tall and proud and tried to "scare" the cartoon chicken.
The cartoon chicken still stood there, lol, obviously not intimidated. Then the roo starting outright attacking the chicken on the bag. He would jump with his legs in the air and try to attack with his spurs and claws, just like when roosters fight each other. He launched himself at the chicken on the bag until I took it away, lol.

I showed him the bag again like an hour later, and he immediately puffed up his neck and got ready to go again, ha ha.
Has this happened to anyone else? Or are my Roos just unique in their hatred of a cartoon chicken? XD

That is hilarious! My birds recognize the bags and all, but never see the bird on it! Too funny!

Back
Top Bottom