My Rooster attacked me and left a Foot Print on my Leg....

tcox1963

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
I wore a Camo Jacket on Saturday and Sunday. He came running towards me with the hens like they usually do but then he came from behind and stood in front of me. On Saturday, I shooed him away. On Sunday, I stopped and looked at him and then he attacked me. Does he not like Camo? LOL I took the jacket off and went back. I shooed him off again but I am a bit worried. My husband was quite upset and went out to confront the Rooster telling me he was protecting HIS hen. LOL My hubby is so funny.

So, is this normal? Do I begin searching for recipes for Roo Stew? What do I do? Keep confronting him so he knows I AM TOP BOSS!

It did upset me and I have a tattoo (bruise) of the Roo Foot on my inner thigh.

This is not normal behavior, except for a mean/aggressive Rooster.

Roosters are best in a slow-cooker because the meat is tough and stringy. The flavor, if you have been free-ranging him, will be out-of-this-world!

This is not normal behavior, except for a mean/aggressive Rooster.

Roosters are best in a slow-cooker because the meat is tough and stringy. The flavor, if you have been free-ranging him, will be out-of-this-world!

If its not normal, then why is he doing it?

He's saying he's boss of you, that's why he's doing it. What you wear had nothing to do with it, his hormones have everything to do with it. If you're comfortable being the boss, you could give him one more chance. I'm not going to type out all the ways to do that, there are multiple threads here you can look at. One more chance, after that invite him to dinner.

If its not normal, then why is he doing it?
Donrae gave a good answer. I qualified "not normal" with "except for mean/agressive Rooster". He's doing it because he's a mean/aggressve Rooster. This behavior is "normal" for a Rooster like that, but not "normal" for a good Rooster that one might want to keep. If you are okay with him attacking you, it's your business. But don't expect him to stop.

Last edited:
I have a Dominique roo that is still very young acting this way. I had to give up 3 or 4 of his friends for doing this. I didn't really want to give him up so I started a routine with him when he tried to flog me. First off, I keep an especially close eye on him and try not to turn my back on him for fear he might get the jump on me. Second is that when he goes to try and flog, I nab him up super quick and hold him and pet him alllllll over. Basically just trying to embarrass him as much as possible in front of his hens while having the chance to handle him everywhere. Turn him on his back and upside down and touch his feet and comb. Then I hold him while I do a few chores and let him go. So far this has worked well for me but if you're not very attached to yours there are easier options lol. I give him grain if he's been good for me during the handling episode. Hope this helps you some!

ive had the same problem before. its stew time. there are far 2 many roosters in this world to keep mean ones.

So what you can try is kicking him, ignoring him, putting him in a spot where he can see you with 'his' hens but can't get to 'his' hens.

The Rooster is history!!. I have 2 baby Rhode Island Reds that I believe will make better roosters anyways. :) Thanks all!!

Back
Top Bottom