My rooster attacked me

I agree with others, unlikely to be the hair or jacket.

In my first year I had two cockerels become aggressive at about that same age. They both received shallow graves for their efforts. The third grew though it. He may not 100% respect me as he'll get right up to my feet for treats, but he shows no aggressive behavior. He does not like to be handled so I don't. One of his two sons reacted (once) to me walking (in his mind chasing) a pullet around the coop to go in. Both of the boys walk away from me, both still planned for soup. Sorry for the ramble.

Ugh yes! My 5 month old is a little menace. My mom suspects he’s trying to breed me. Since he paces around me in that breeding like stance as well. He doesn’t harm a hair on my boyfriend, but bites me so damn hard.

I drop kicked the rooster 40 feet across the yard, then told my son to run over and kick him as many times as he could while the rooster was still stunned. He kicked the rooster 5 or 6 times before the rooster managed to get up and run away.
That sounds like a great way to teach a rooster that humans are a threat.

That sounds like a great way to teach a rooster that humans are a threat.

Umm…the cockerel already had decided humans were a threat, and so attacked the human. Once a cockerel displays aggression, and attacks, the likelihood that they will do it again is very high.

We had a cockerel suddenly attack a grown man. The man was shocked, and instinctively kicked the cockerel, which went head over feet, landing in the dirt. Cockerel was a bit dazed, man felt bad bc wasn’t trying to hurt the cockerel, but cockerel attacked (unprovoked). Cockerel recovered fine, but always had to be watched bc would attack when given the chance (but never attacked that particular man again!)

Back
Top Bottom