My rooster beats me and today he framed me. :(

Quote:
I can see her husband just having a field-day with that one. I know I would! If he thought she was funny with the rake, arm her with a trashcan lid shield and a supersoaker and let the laughter and teasing come! LOL

Oh yeah! We cannot forget the bicycle helmet, kneepads, and shin-guards for the extra protection..

-Kim

Errrr! :mad: My husband is sitting next to me laughing right this minute!

just wait, he'll get his turn
smile.png

Sounds like you have read this rooster page already
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2588-Roo_behavior

I think once you really show him who is boss, he'll stop, he's really testing his authority now.

Had some neighbor geese one time that attacked us all the time in our own yard, would sit on our back porch and wait for us to come out. I'd run to feed my horse etc, afraid of them, they were mean. One day I said enough! Grabbed that goose by the neck, swung it around a few times and let it go flying, I was really a mad kid, well, it never bothered me again!​

I have the same problem but it's looking like the stew pot for this little guy. I was standing in the back yard one day when I see a flash of blonde, a MOM HELP ME :eek:, and a flash of white. I turned to see my rooster chasing my 7 year old girl. Let me tell they were both flat moving. he chased her all over the yard and around the trees. She ended up behind me and now I was face to face with the roo. Stupid me started reaching down and he tried to peck me. Well my reaction was to bop him on the head. Had to do it 3 times before he would leave. I can't even feed him anymore since he has now been labeled the attack roo. My little girl is always checking behind her to see if he's sneaking up on her.
lau.gif
I know it's not funny but just watching is something else. He's extremely aggressive with the hens as well. He's grabs hold of the feathers on their neck and won't let go. He ends up with a beak full of feathers and a hen running for her life! Is there another choice other than the stew pot??
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom