My rooster doesn't crow!!!!!

groovimum

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 17, 2007
Hi It took a while after I bought Rambo for him to start crowing at first he crowed at 6pm then it got earlier until he got it right and would crow at daybreak. I dont know why he won't crow anymore could anyone give me some advise please.

can I have rambo
lol.png
?

Do you have more than one rooster? I once owned a couple of brown leghorn boys, and the dominant one crowed constantly. The other one crowed a few times in the beginning, just getting his voice, and then NEVER crowed again for the rest of his life!! It was amazing! I also had a buff orpington rooster who just crowed a couple times in the am, and a couple times in the afternoon. But he seemed to crow more when he had human company. He liked to show off for us. Interesting question, I don't think I've heard anyone asking how to get their rooster to crow!! I'm of a like mind, I love the sound!!
smile.png

Our rooster, Eustus, only crows when he hears me walking the dog in the morning.
He's very well mannered. Not sure what kind of chicken he is - he just happened upon our property late last summer and after saving him from the hawks we decided to keep him.

I can make him crow if I talk sweet to him and make a crowing sound. He's funny!

I wouldn't complain too loud about a rooster that doesn't crow!! Could be a blessing in disguise!

Cyndi

barnie.gif
:barnie:barnieThanks for all the replies, I actually have 3 roo's the other 2 are only young about 14 weeks and they get picked on by rambo. He does like to show the girls who'd boss. I like to hear the roosters so here hoping he'll get his voice soon. I have a pic but can't remember how to add it. Actually I have another question nothing to do with roo's. I have 16 girls and am only getting 6-10 eggs daily usually 6 why is this so!!!!!!!!!!

I have 16 girls and am only getting 6-10 eggs daily usually 6 why is this so!!!!!!!!!!

How old are they, what temperature is it now where you are living, and how many hours of daylight are there? When its warmer t hey will lay more eggs, and also when its lighter longer they should lay more eggs.​

We have only gone into autumn now the get plenty of sunlight and they are of laying age some are ex battery hens and were molting when we got them but now the are healthy happy lots of feathers . I give them a good variety of treats good quality feed fresh water. I don't know what telse I can do.

I had two Roosters and the dominant one would crow all morning and this one would not. I did get rid of the loud mouth and my roo still has yet to crow! He has tried a couple times.. lol

Back
Top Bottom