My rooster has swollen scabs on his face and has a very dirty beak!!! :(

cxztii

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2023
I’ve been noticing that my rooster has had swollen scabs on his face and more are starting to form and I looked at the inside of his beak and it’s very dirty. I was able to take out a white bump he had on his tounge but wasn’t sure what it was, PLEASE HELP!!!!😭

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 19
It looks like fowl pox. It doesn't have a super high mortality rate. I don't know too much about it, hopefully someone will be on soon to advise you.

It looks like fowl pox. It doesn't have a super high mortality rate. I don't know too much about it, hopefully someone will be on soon to advise you.
Oh okay thank you that’s what I was thinking too I’ve put some iodine on the scabs so hopefully his face clears up

What I read online is that you can try to boost the immune system with vitamin supplements, but some of the folks on here that have seen it a bunch will probably have better ideas.

Did he just start getting them? Or has he had them for a bit?

What I read online is that you can try to boost the immune system with vitamin supplements, but some of the folks on here that have seen it a bunch will probably have better ideas.

If no one writes back for a couple hours, just start a thread that has fowl pox in the subject line. Hopefully folks with experience will see that. You can also do a search (top right of this site) for the term fowl pox and you should see some threads with advice.

Hope he has a quick recovery.

He started getting them a few weeks ago but I just thought they were normal scabs but I saw they were swollen but didn’t think much of it but until this week they started spreading more on his face so I started getting worried.

If no one writes back for a couple hours, just start a thread that has fowl pox in the subject line. Hopefully folks with experience will see that. You can also do a search (top right of this site) for the term fowl pox and you should see some threads with advice.

Ok thank you for the help :)

Why start yet another thread? The OP already has this one and it has replies from you.

I agree, it looks like Fowl Pox. This is what I would have said - this gives the OP the information they need to further research treatment options if necessary.

Why start yet another thread? The OP already has this one and it has replies from you.

I agree, it looks like Fowl Pox. This is what I would have said - this gives the OP the information they need to further research treatment options if necessary.
I was thinking it may have been helpful to hear from someone with first hand experience, instead of just some cruddy article out there, and that fowl pox in the subject line would help find those people. Are you thinking it is just better to not put another thread out there? I know some of them can slip through the cracks.

I was thinking it may have been helpful to hear from someone with first hand experience, instead of just some cruddy article out there, and that fowl pox in the subject line would help find those people. Are you thinking it is just better to not put another thread out there? I know some of them can slip through the cracks.
There's no rule against making multiple threads.

Back
Top Bottom