My rooster is crowing!!!

Quote:
Hope you get your 1 roo. Here is a updated photo, he has got the crowing down now.

IMGP1724.jpg

Well, Squeek-a-deedle-dee, Chickenboy! Congratulations! I know how happy I was when Pocket crowed the first time. Before then he only "bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, SQUAW"ed like a hen!
lau.gif
I love to see a small rooster take on a large hen. Chickens are SO entertaining!
big_smile.png

Aww, he's a cutie
smile.png

Right, this might sound stupid, but when a rooster crows for the first time does it sound like it is being strangled?!?! One of my week-old RIR chicks has made a strangled sound quite a few times, and s/he throws its head back and flaps its wings...

Could it be trying to crow??

We had some BO chicks last year, but they were killed by a fox at 16 weeks old and not one of them tried to crow. I was really excited about that first crow and it just never got chance to happen
sad.png

Thanks, I was real happy we finally have arooster again. Since five of our old ones got ate. I can could not tell it was a crow at first, it was real pitch noise. Sorry about you bo's.

We got him out from behind my grandpas house there were 12 roosters to 1 hen. We got hem before animal contral took them away. ( They were feral )

Back
Top Bottom