my rooster is not getting better

Billys chickens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 23, 2014

hi i have a rir rooster and he was with three hens i have noticed about 1 month ago that all around his vent area he has lost just about all the feathera there and it is dark red and hot and painful when i touch it it is also on the side of his wings i have tried bathing him with dawn and warm water then when he dried i put de earth on him about 1 a week for 3 weeks and i just bathed him again 2 days ago idk what else to try i am somewhat new to the chickens please help me

errrr that looks painful. my roo had that once, i first tried bathing him in warm water and disinfectant to kill any bacteria, but then what really made a difference was when i started changing his diet; i added onion, garlic and apple to their normal food. also, i would keep him away from the hens in case they get it too. im no expert but this helped my rooster, please keep us updated!

thank you his name is tom he was 65 pounds when i got him i put him on a diet and now hes down to 30 he could barely walk hes doing great now except his tail feathers are like failing apart and wont grow thats a old picture i want him to look pretty again but idk what to do for that either if you have any ideas let me know

Back
Top Bottom