My rooster is not well

Do you have plain old human eye drops, like artificial tears or allergy relief eye drops? You can use those and wipe that stuff off that is coming out of his eye, at least. The terramycin antibiotic eye ointment would be something to get for him, certainly, if you aren't going to a vet. I'm sorry, but no one can really diagnose that on the web, honey, not for sure. I wish I could do more. I know how much you love him.

I tagged casportpony (Kathy) for you to see if she has any ideas.

Last edited:
Do you have plain old human eye drops, like artificial tears or allergy relief eye drops? You can use those and wipe that stuff off that is coming out of his eye, at least. The terramycin antibiotic eye ointment would be something to get for him, certainly, if you aren't going to a vet. I'm sorry, but no one can really diagnose that on the web, honey, not for sure. I wish I could do more. I know how much you love him.

I tagged casportpony (Kathy) for you to see if she has any ideas.
X2

As @speckledhen has suggested. Gently clean the eye - you can flush it with some saline and try to get any gunk you see out of it.
A warm moist compress may be helpful in loosening any pus/gunk that may be in it. If the eye looks like it is infected, you can apply some Terramycin eye ointment or Vetericyn eye gel to the eye to see if that helps.

He may need antibiotic treatment as well, so vet care would be best.

It sounds like you love him very much.

Last edited:
X2

As @speckledhen has suggested. Gently clean the eye - you can flush it with some saline and try to get any gunk you see out of it.
A warm moist compress may be helpful in loosening any pus/gunk that may be in it. If the eye looks like it is infected, you can apply some Terramycin eye ointment or Vetericyn eye gel to the eye to see if that helps.

He may need antibiotic treatment as well, so vet care would be best.

It sounds like you love him very much.

Agreed on this advice, too. Saline is also good, moist compress and the either eye ointment mentioned by me or Wyorp Rock. He's a lucky rooster to have such a loving owner. I hope you can make him better.

I gave him this antibiotic & it's been now 3 days & today when he woke up this evening he's super lazy he won't get up or eat
He's being lazy he's not listening he's not even drinking water

This one

If something happens to him I'll die please, i love him like my baby, I just don't know what to do to make him eat
I'm having anxiety attack I cannot see him like I won't be able to sleep or eat

I don't know if it's the right kind of antibiotic but what can I do now? there's no vet in here

Back
Top Bottom