My rooster is not well

Ex
Exactly you're right, they're blocked because of his comb ill show you picture you can see how his comb is covering his nostrils, i never really noticed his left nostril but it was blocked because there was too much junk in it just bout yesterday I cleaned it very well, because he used to breathe with only nostril but now the problem is this his comb is very big & it's covering all his head? Nose both nostrils even his left eye that is nearly closed because of the weight of his comb, it's very big & heavy, i don't know what to do? As you're saying i Guess this might be a reason he has bubbles in his eyes ( not quiet sure tho )

I'm saying, not that his comb hangs over his nose, but that if the nares are full of nasty, crusted stuff where air cannot flow well, it will "back up" into his eyes and cause bubbles and possibly a sinusitis infection. But, sinusitis in this case is bacterial and an antibiotic should have cleared up an infection. Even then, if the nose is blocked up, it will affect the eyes, too. If you've heard of "ear, nose and throat" doctors, that's because they are all related and affect each other. It's really the only other thing I can think of that might be causing it other than some contagious respiratory thing.

Last edited:
Honey, have you looked to see if his nares (nostrils) are caked up with gunk and blocked off? That would make his eyes bubble because the sinuses and the eyes and throat are all related/intertwined. I have a hen with nares that have cysts in them (she's really old) and the rest of the opening is pretty much blocked except for a couple of small holes to breath. I cannot clear them out, have tried numerous times. She has bubbles in her eyes occasionally. I just clean them out and if I think infection is starting in them, I put in terramycin ointment, but usually, it's just that the passages are so blocked up, fluid comes out the eyes. It's not really an infection but she's always had nares I felt were not normal. So, check to see if he has blocked up nares. If so, try to clean them out with something like the quill of a feather or even a toothpick, though that might be more damaging. It's something you must do carefully and it's hard because they shake their head and try to get away.
see it's all covered with his comb

that was left & this is the right ride of his nose
& it's covered
you can see how his eyes looks like they're melting away

i took this picture in the morning, you can see how big his comb is
when somebody looks at him they're like is it real? because they can't believe how beautiful he looks, they all say he's very clean & beautiful. & his comb is very beautiful
But they don't know how bad that is for him & how it's giving him so much trouble.

i also trim his beak because he cannot bend his head so he cannot do it himself, so I did that yesterday.

this is how he can't, can't eat by himself

this is how he looks now

& this is how he sleeps sometimes, haha he sleeps in really weird position :*

& that was him a year from now

Honey, have you looked to see if his nares (nostrils) are caked up with gunk and blocked off? That would make his eyes bubble because the sinuses and the eyes and throat are all related/intertwined. I have a hen with nares that have cysts in them (she's really old) and the rest of the opening is pretty much blocked except for a couple of small holes to breath. I cannot clear them out, have tried numerous times. She has bubbles in her eyes occasionally. I just clean them out and if I think infection is starting in them, I put in terramycin ointment, but usually, it's just that the passages are so blocked up, fluid comes out the eyes. It's not really an infection but she's always had nares I felt were not normal. So, check to see if he has blocked up nares. If so, try to clean them out with something like the quill of a feather or even a toothpick, though that might be more damaging. It's something you must do carefully and it's hard because they shake their head and try to get away.

it's late here it's 12:20am here & I'm very sleepy I'm not well also I'm on medicines so can't stay awake for that long, tho i was waiting for your reply, i really hope i wake up with your reply, thank you for always helping me that means a lot for me. I can never thank you enough i don't know what id do without this website you totally saved my life. i just love him madly like a son & seeing him in pain hurts so much. & I'm also a animal lover
I had a puppi ( puppi her name ) female dog she lived to 13 years, and then one of our female dog she died she was only 3 someone gave her poison she had babies one of them died with her because of poison & the other baby girl now we have her in our home, so that pretty much explains how much hurt I'm because of her death & I'm really weak & i can't control when something like this happens. so it effects my health

I'm saying, not that his comb hangs over his nose, but that if the nares are full of nasty, crusted stuff where air cannot flow well, it will "back up" into his eyes and cause bubbles and possibly a sinusitis infection. But, sinusitis in this case is bacterial and an antibiotic should have cleared up an infection. Even then, if the nose is blocked up, it will affect the eyes, too. If you've heard of "ear, nose and throat" doctors, that's because they are all related and affect each other. It's really the only other thing I can think of that might be causing it other than some contagious respiratory thing.

No but I'm Saying it makes hard for him to breathe properly, it just have to be cleaned right? his comb covering his nose doesn't matter?
& yessss, now I'm getting you. his right nostril is clean, but the other one was blocked cleaned it yesterday but it feels like its not done completely so I'm gonna do that in the morning, his eyes are sticking this can happen too because of his nose?
I'm sorry for asking so many questions ;/

Leghorns often have huge, floppy combs that get worse with age, or that's what I've noticed.

I am out of ideas on what is wrong or how you can proceed with him. If antibiotics won't fix the issue, work on cleaning out his nares, but very carefully. After that, I just don't know what else to say. I hope if you get him breathing better, maybe his eyes will clear up some, but I can't say for sure how much it will help.

Cab
Leghorns often have huge, floppy combs that get worse with age, or that's what I've noticed.

I am out of ideas on what is wrong or how you can proceed with him. If antibiotics won't fix the issue, work on cleaning out his nares, but very carefully. After that, I  just don't know what else to say. I hope if you get him breathing better, maybe his eyes will clear up some, but I can't say for sure how much it will help.

Can i cut his comb? I've watched in videos how they cut it, but I'm not confirm if that's works ? I mean it bleeds too much I've seen in videos but I cannot risk it, any ideas ?

Cab
Can i cut his comb? I've watched in videos how they cut it, but I'm not confirm if that's works ? I mean it bleeds too much I've seen in videos but I cannot risk it, any ideas ?

I have never dubbed a comb so cannot say. I think before they do it, they give the rooster Vitamin K for a period of time to help with bleeding, but it's not my area of expertise.

I have never dubbed a comb so cannot say. I think before they do it, they give the rooster Vitamin K for a period of time to help with bleeding, but it's not my area of expertise.

I think bout dubbing, does it hurt them too much when it bleeds?
& I don't know bout it too that's why I'm asking you, maybe you can tell me someone who knows bout them? So I can ask them?

Back
Top Bottom