My rooster is not well

I'm confused... This all started back in May with bumblefoot? Was the bumble ever treated? Then a month ago it was respiratory?

The Tylofurcin will probably treat most bacterial infection, but will not treat any viral infections, which speckledhen already stated.

-Kathy

How do I use it? :(
I've no idea? 4gm how much is that? And do I've to mix it in water?

Go buy a kitchen scale. With a kitchen scale we can figure out how much four grams is and we can weigh him.

-Kathy

Go buy a kitchen scale. With a kitchen scale we can figure out how much four grams is and we can weigh him.

-Kathy

Can you identify her breed?

Isn't this thread about your rooster? I thought you wanted to figure out how to treat your rooster, yes? Please get a scale.

-Kathy

Isn't this thread about your rooster? I thought you wanted to figure out how to treat your rooster, yes? Please get a scale.

-Kathy

Ofcourse yes, it was bout him it was my brother's hen so i just asked
& well it's late here where i live
so for now i don't know how much is 4gm

No no, I'm using this antibiotic for his eyes. not for the new castle that i mentioned above. & no i asked you bout the Newcastle i was actually confirming it, but if you're saying it's not the Newcastle then it must be just a neck injury?
I have no idea what's wrong with his neck. You said he injured it quite awhile back. Does not sound to me like Newcastle.

It's okay i understood that
smile.png

& no I'm
Glad it's not Newcastle as you said its fatal, then it is injury I'm sure bout that. & that antibiotic is for his eyes & is it gonna work? because I'm really worried bout his eyes
as his one eye is nearly closed

I have no idea if it's going to work because I don't know what's causing his eye issue. If it's bacterial and related to ONLY the eye, not some systemic respiratory illness, it might help.

yes it was treated by a vet but he lost a lot of blood during that surgery & it was almost a risky surgery, but he removed that & but he has something still there, in his both feet i guess but the vet said if you risk another surge the can die since he's very sensitive
I wouldn't do another surgery on this bird. Didn't sound to me like the vet knew all that much, but even if he did, bumblefoot can be hard to get rid of if he has some rough surface he's getting scrapes on his feet from. We usually do our own bumblefoot treatments as chicken owners here, like I showed you in the thread on bumblefoot surgery by our member "ruth".

I'm don't know if his environment is something contributing to his health issues or not. Does he get outside in fresh air at all? Does he get to dust-bathe to get rid of lice/mites? Has he been wormed at all in his life? He has to have somewhat of a normal life as a chicken to live a healthy life and I really am at a loss as to what his day to day routines are, what he's exposed to, etc. I wish I could help you more, but honestly, I really don't know what to tell you at this point.

Last edited:

-Kathy

Ofcourse yes, it was bout him it was my brother's hen so i just asked
& well it's late here where i live
so for now i don't know how much is 4gm

Buy a kitchen scale, or take a teaspoon to a pharmacy and ask them to weigh one level teaspoon of the powder for you. One level teaspoon will probably weigh 2.5 to 3.3 grams.

Can you go buy a kitchen scale?

-Kathy

I have no idea what's wrong with his neck. You said he injured it quite awhile back. Does not sound to me like Newcastle.

I have no idea if it's going to work because I don't know what's causing his eye issue. If it's bacterial and related to ONLY the eye, not some systemic respiratory illness, it might help.

I wouldn't do another surgery on this bird. Didn't sound to me like the vet knew all that much, but even if he did, bumblefoot can be hard to get rid of if he has some rough surface he's getting scrapes on his feet from. We usually do our own bumblefoot treatments as chicken owners here, like I showed you in the thread on bumblefoot surgery by our member "ruth".

I'm don't know if his environment is something contributing to his health issues or not. Does he get outside in fresh air at all? Does he get to dust-bathe to get rid of lice/mites? Has he been wormed at all in his life? He has to have somewhat of a normal life as a chicken to live a healthy life and I really am at a loss as to what his day to day routines are, what he's exposed to, etc. I wish I could help you more, but honestly, I really don't know what to tell you at this point.

I'm sick of it, I don't know what to do I use the antibiotic for 5 days but it didn't work

Please tell me what to do, I need Terramycin but I can't find it here
Can someday send me please? I'd be thankful to you for the rest of my life
his eyes are again like that making a lot of bubbles

Please tell me what to do, I need Terramycin but I can't find it here
Can someday send me please? I'd be thankful to you for the rest of my life
his eyes are again like that making a lot of bubbles

Honey, have you looked to see if his nares (nostrils) are caked up with gunk and blocked off? That would make his eyes bubble because the sinuses and the eyes and throat are all related/intertwined. I have a hen with nares that have cysts in them (she's really old) and the rest of the opening is pretty much blocked except for a couple of small holes to breath. I cannot clear them out, have tried numerous times. She has bubbles in her eyes occasionally. I just clean them out and if I think infection is starting in them, I put in terramycin ointment, but usually, it's just that the passages are so blocked up, fluid comes out the eyes. It's not really an infection but she's always had nares I felt were not normal. So, check to see if he has blocked up nares. If so, try to clean them out with something like the quill of a feather or even a toothpick, though that might be more damaging. It's something you must do carefully and it's hard because they shake their head and try to get away.

Ex
Honey, have you looked to see if his nares (nostrils) are caked up with gunk and blocked off? That would make his eyes bubble because the sinuses and the eyes and throat are all related/intertwined. I have a hen with nares that have cysts in them (she's really old) and the rest of the opening is pretty much blocked except for a couple of small holes to breath. I cannot clear them out, have tried numerous times. She has bubbles in her eyes occasionally. I just clean them out and if I think infection is starting in them, I put in terramycin ointment, but usually, it's just that the passages are so blocked up, fluid comes out the eyes. It's not really an infection but she's always had nares I felt were not normal. So, check to see if he has blocked up nares. If so, try to clean them out with something like the quill of a feather or even a toothpick, though that might be more damaging. It's something you must do carefully and it's hard because they shake their head and try to get away.

Exactly you're right, they're blocked because of his comb ill show you picture you can see how his comb is covering his nostrils, i never really noticed his left nostril but it was blocked because there was too much junk in it just bout yesterday I cleaned it very well, because he used to breathe with only nostril but now the problem is this his comb is very big & it's covering all his head? Nose both nostrils even his left eye that is nearly closed because of the weight of his comb, it's very big & heavy, i don't know what to do? As you're saying i Guess this might be a reason he has bubbles in his eyes ( not quiet sure tho )

Back
Top Bottom