My Rooster Keeps Attacking Me. Help!!!

Cotex

Hatching
Jul 24, 2016
I have a silkie rooster who attacks me every time i go to feed him and my 2 other silkie hens. He pecks my shoes then he jumps up and scratches me. What do I do?!?!

i have 2 silkie hens and he is about 6 months old but was hatched by my Muscovy duck

i have 2 silkie hens and he is about 6 months old but was hatched by my Muscovy duck

You need more hens. Can you get him about 3 or 4 more, at least? CTKen also gave you some good advice. Also, your cockerel is young and that is the hormonal stage where they go crazy. Hopefully, he'll get over this and everything will go just fine!

Have you punished the rooster at all for attacking you? I use to have 3 Silkie Roos and 1 was very nice, the other would charge at me and the other would constantly peck my hand even when I wasn't touching him. The one who kept pecking me I would grab his beak and hold it firmly. He seemed to learn then would do it again. He was to the point where I would be petting my hens and would reach over other chickens backs to peck me. The one who charged at me, well he only did it once because I kicked him across the run. Afterwards he knew who was boss although he started to push it before we got rid of them. My point is that there are some bad roosters out there and adding more hens or punishing them won't always work. Sometimes there's nothing you can do.

Have you punished the rooster at all for attacking you? I use to have 3 Silkie Roos and 1 was very nice, the other would charge at me and the other would constantly peck my hand even when I wasn't touching him. The one who kept pecking me I would grab his beak and hold it firmly. He seemed to learn then would do it again. He was to the point where I would be petting my hens and would reach over other chickens backs to peck me. The one who charged at me, well he only did it once because I kicked him across the run. Afterwards he knew who was boss although he started to push it before we got rid of them. My point is that there are some bad roosters out there and adding more hens or punishing them won't always work. Sometimes there's nothing you can do.
This is true. My husband fixes this very easy! With an ax.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom