My Rooster Needs Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Knight1992, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Knight1992

Knight1992 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    My rooster is pretty old i would say.He has been laying around sleeping alot he goes into deep sleep.he cant stand or walk.we got him sot antobotics and vitamins today.i also think he has diarrhea.is there anything this sounds like anything else i can do for him

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You could try worming with piperazine or Valbazen or Safeguard; the latter are cattle or goat or sheep wormers. Worming is not necessarily easy on them, though, and this may not even be the problem; if he's really old it could easily be heart or liver failure. It could also be some sort of toxin from something he ate. Hard to say. I wish you luck.

If you will give us more information (see the sticky at the top of this forum for some questions to answer,) we might be able to do better,

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    My really old hen (10 +years old) sleeps alot or shes eating the cat food

4. Knight1992

Knight1992 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    well i really cant say no more then that he is been awke now alot but still sleeping to he has been drinking and eating can roosters catch the flu is that possible his diarhhea is green

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by