My rooster...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Emzyyy, May 22, 2010.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    who I gave to my dad's friend is attacking people! He was a very gentle rooster when I gave him away. I think he has gotten a bit big headed with all those hens to himself! They have a nurse who comes to care for their parents who live with them & the rooster jumped on her back and held on! She has scratches on the back of her neck.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Thats sad... When good roos go bad.. I have a lil showgirl roo that is pulling that as soion as he realized he couldnt the other roo he started in on the humans... If he wasnt so cute id [​IMG]

3. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I have had a couple of my roos posture towards me and I have taken a broom handle and smacked them around a little . Now they will not do any thing to me. You have to show they you are head roo. Because of the move he proably feels like he is head roo. He just need to be taken down a notch or two. Good Luck.

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Well when I had the roo here he was put in his place with all the other roosters and me and so were the other roosters. Now he runs where ever he wants and they don't touch him. He thinks he's boss. I've told them they need to hold him by his feet until he stops flapping everytime he tries to pull something & he'll learn not to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by