My Sebbi Gosling is not growing(pictures added)Update:She is gone

HenPen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
New Hampshire
I hatched a few Sebbi Goslings and one does not seem to be growing,her(I think) hatch mate is about 3 times her size and they hatched within hours of each other.....should I be worried??

ETA: here are some pictures....the colored Sebbi hatched on Friday night(5/28) and the little white baby hatched Saturday (5/29)

29735_sebbi_sibs.jpg

29735_sebbi_sibs2.jpg

29735_sebbis_sibs_3.jpg

29735_sebbi_sibs_4.jpg

Last edited:
She has grown a tad and will be 3 weeks this Saturday but she is in no way the same size as her hatchmate that hatched before her.

Are these your eggs or did you get them elsewhere?

Can you feel feathers beginning to come in under that down? Wondering that to see if she is maturing but just small.

They are eggs from someone else that I hatched...she seems to be starting to get some tail feathers but nothing on her wings,the colored Sebbi is getting some on his wings as well as his tail.

Someone on the board has a "microduck". He is half the size of his brother. He matured very slowly and took much longer to feather out. He has had health issues, but he is fine. My duck didn't make it, but your goose might. You WILL have to keep a close eye on the little goober.

Had it happen with chicks, but my sebbies are closer in size, ones still about 20% lighter than the others.
I notice with the chicks the runts have a harder time regulating body temps so she might need a brooder light longer, watch shes not getting chilled and doesn't get her sleeping area damp.

I have a few colored and white sebastopols and the colored birds sometimes outgrow the white ones for a while and sometimes they catch up or the colored ones are just bigger. As long as she is getting to eat and not getting pushed around by the other seb she should be ok.

Quote:
Is it possible they gave you a different breed goose egg? Maybe she's not a Sebbie at all. Chinese geese are a small breed. Of course you'd have noticed a size difference in the eggs . . .

If humans have "little people" varieties, it follows this could happen to animals too. Esp with the breeding programs. Hopefully she'll be healthy and fiesty
smile.png
You could name her Lil Bit
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom