My sebright is missing. :( ***UPDATE: She's back and safe!***

SilverPhoenix

Bantam Fanatic
10 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Penn Valley, CA
Uh-oh, all the chickens were out free-ranging today in the lovely weather, and when I went to shut everyone in I noticed one of my silver sebrights, Solitaire, is missing. I did a quick sweep of the acre of our property and searched the coop thoroughly, and not a sign of her! The good thing is there are no feathers anywhere, though, so I'm hoping she just went to roost somewhere oddball and will be back pecking around the property in the morning.

Think good thoughts for her! I'm really hoping a predator didn't snatch her or anything. I feel a little paranoid for getting worried already because I think there's a good chance her feathery butt will be back around the coop in the morning, but I can't help but worry a little.

Keep your fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Misc389.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you, I will!

She hasn't, but several of my other chickens definitely have before. One time I found my roo roosting on the rear-view mirror of my mom's truck!
hu.gif
We haven't had any problems with predators here at all, so hopefully she's just off somewhere weird. I'll let everyone know if she shows up in the morning. I'm hoping!

Check any nearby trees. I had a golden seabright that just wanted to get up high off the ground. Found him in the rafters of the barn. Don't panic. You'll find her.
smile.png

Quote:
I did briefly check the trees, but we have a lot of them! And some are fairly bushy, so it's hard to see. I'm pretty sure that's what's up with her, though.
smile.png
Thanks for your optimism!

Thank you for the good thoughts and optimism, everyone! Sure enough, when I took the dogs out this morning there she was, wanting to go back in the coop! Not a feather out of place.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom