My Self Sufficient New Year's Resolution

Quote:
Me too I had to get a cheese kit right away and it was fun!! There is a website for the book too.

Quote:
Atta girl!!!
smile.png
lol.png
We may be small but we be mighty!!!
cool.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Just south of LaCrosse. Moving back home. It's a few miles from where I grew up.

Well good luck with the farm. I really wish we could have had a small farm too. Oh well I am very happy with my house, and yard.

Quote:
If that's what you want, make it a goal and start putting together a plan to buy one...

Ha! No thats okay. I just got married love absolutely love my house, I will be looking for a teaching job in the summer and my want for a farm is not realistic. Realistic for me is to be as self sufficient as possible and I have a huge yard that I can have everything I want to grow in it. I also have all the farm animals I really want...chickens. Thanks anyway. I like going to pick yourself farms. They can grow and care for the plants for me and I can harvest!!!! Besides I want to help support local farmers too.

Quote:
I hope to get started this summer. I am retiring from the Air Force after 20 years and we have purchased a small farm in Wisconsin. We plan to run a 2500 hen organic layer operation. I also want to raise some beef cattle and hogs. A large garden is in the planning. Still contemplating a milk cow...

Wowsa Mac! Good for you!!
Look forward to hearing how this is coming! 2500 is A LOT of chickens. Christina

Last edited:
Quote:
I own land between Ixonia and Watertown. It was my homesteaded by the great-great grandparents!!
We live in Nebraska now, the land is much much cheaper!!
Christina

You know the story of how Ixonia got its name? I have relatives that grew up there and friends too...small world!

Quote:
I visit both. I love BYC for the reason you mentioned but for SS we're a little more focused over on SS.com. Oh, we ramble off topic some too!

Back
Top Bottom