My sick Antwerp roo Plz help Thanks

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
1) What type of bird , age and weight. Antwerp Bantam Maybe 2 lbs... 1 year 4 months
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Mass feather loss Molt? Quiet No crowing for 2 weeks Wont roost Juat not his fiesty self
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptom 2 weeks
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. Nope
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. I found lice on him I thought he was molting maybe he is and also has lice
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Been eating great But when he drinks it comes out his mouth like a faucet
sad.png

8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Fine
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Dusted him inside with me Scrambled eggs tuna Gatorade
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?: Like to treat myself
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use: In Coop with big run Shavings for coop 14 hens One other Roo

Last edited:
Is your roo able to lift his head to a crowing position? I'm asking because maybe he can't lift his head properly to swallow water and that's why it runs out of his mouth. Maybe he is having a throat problem - hoarseness??? etc. Have you treated him for lice???

Yes he can lift his head I have treated him for lice as of tonight I see NONE
smile.png
I just dont understand why is acting so tired and weak i also treated the whole flock

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom