My sick chick, Help.

KYAS3516

Songster
May 17, 2018
Good Morning .

I also have a sick sliver-lace Wyandotte. She is about 4 years old now. I was hoping you could help me.
My Baby is not active at all but she is walking normally when she does walk. When I pick her up like I normally do, she seems to yelp when my hands wrap around her stomach area. I don't know if she is laying eggs. I've had her in isolation since yesterday afternoon. No eggs in the crate she's in. Her tail is down, way down. But her feathers look shiny and normal. She is not puffy at all and she is only drinking water with probiotics right now. I don't see that she has eaten any of the feed except for maybe a couple of blueberries.

She also smells and has dried poops or egg around her vent.

She may have had an egg rupture inside her. If so, this is an emergency. Does she have a steady drip of fluid coming from her vent? If you place her on some absorbent towels, does the towel get soaked with a very acrid and bad smelling liquid? Does her vent appear to be swollen and enlarged? Is there swelling under her vent behind her legs?

When was the last time you got an egg from her? Have her eggs had shell quality issues?

First thing to do if you suspect an egg inside her is stuck or ruptured is to give a calcium supplement, preferably calcium citrate 500-600 mg.

azygous, where do I find calcium citrate? I tried the my pharmacy and local Walmart. I just noticed that she has yolk dripping from her vent now. I feel so useless right now. Should I take her a bath? Do I try to wash her vent?:(

Back
Top Bottom