My sick chicken

Indiebarker

Hatching
Sep 1, 2023
I have a chicken which is in the photo below who seems to eat and drink normally but always seems to be quite slow and always has her wings out as if she is hot all the time. I am in England so it doesn’t get that hot and today it is 17 degrees so I don’t think it is heat and also none of my 6 other birds do this with their wings other than when it is really hot.
Please if anyone has any suggestions on how to help her I would be most grateful
311378D7-1584-43BC-BDC7-D738E8104A05.jpeg

How long has she been molting? That will make them feel weaker, standoffish, stop laying, and eat less until their feathers grow back. Does she walk normally? Has she normally been laying eggs? Is her crop filling up during the day, and then emptying normally by the next morning? Can you describe or post a picture of her typical droppings? Her tail being in the down position shows that she is not feeling well, and could have a reproductive problem, worms, or an intestinal infection. Can you have you try and eat some cooked egg and add some water to a little chicken feed, and see if she will eat and drink for you? I would consider worming her, and you can use flubenvet or Panacur horse paste.

Back
Top Bottom