MY SILKIE’S CREAT IS INJURED AND SHE SEEMS DEPRESSED

Leezarddd

Hatching
Oct 22, 2021
Hi i am new here, we have 2 silkies a white one and a blue one, both suppose to be females but we think the blue one might be a rooster. They grew up with 2 jersey giants and 2 other chickens that i cant remmeber the brred but they are white with some black feathers and about as big as fhe jersey giants and have feathers in their feet. They have been doing good co-habiting together so far but latey the big chicken have been bullying the little white silkie. My sister in law brought her i side to show that her crest didnt look right, and saying that she seems to be depressed. Im thinking maybe she is just in pain because ut looks like the bigger chickens have been pecking on her head but i just want to be sure. They dont bully the blue silkie at all. My mother in law also says that she has seen our white silkie coughing now and then as well

Attachments

• 08CEFB09-CB28-4F70-979E-FCB2CCF655D0.jpeg
    08CEFB09-CB28-4F70-979E-FCB2CCF655D0.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 0F1DAEA0-387F-4A36-86F2-440A3C205C47.jpeg
    0F1DAEA0-387F-4A36-86F2-440A3C205C47.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 3
Silkies can be very low in pecking order, and can be bullied by larger breeds. Mine did okay with the larger ones, but they were raised together in a brooder. The silkie has a large comb. Could it be a cockerel? I would put some plain Neosporin ointment on the comb. If the silkie continues to be pecked, you may need to separate it in a wire dog crate or pen, or separate both silkies.

is it's still vaulted or normal? I've noticed that when vaulted skilled birds are picked hard, they seem to go "depressed" for a while. I had a polish that would lay down and act off for a few weeks while she healed. Still not completely right though. They're more prone to brain injury because the vault isn't as strong as a normal skull

Im sorry for not replying, she had died a few days after this post. We put her in a seperate cage and fed her some medicine because she was coughing a little. But she sadly passed. Thank you to who tried to help me 😔❤️

Back
Top Bottom