My silkie eggs are here!!

mrsengeseth

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Colorado...but home is Maine
I am so excited, the eggs I ordered are here and I can begin incubating soon!!!

They're so cute because they are so small compared to regular eggs. I am beyond thrilled. Am I crazy?? I took pics of unpacking and of the eggs resting on the counter before I put them into the bator. And I took a comparison shot of the eggs to a standard egg.

I am just so stinkin excited.

Silkies are great !!!!! Such sweet birds !!!!! Good luck, I hope you get 100% hatch..... What colors should they be ???

whites and blues i believe
wee.gif

I have 8 Silkies eggs under a broody right now! Due to hatch on Oct 6!

and I have MORE silkie eggs on the way! I couldn't help myself. They are evil and they brainwashed me!
gig.gif

I just bought some from a member here and she has been great about trying to get a variety of eggs from each of her pens.
I cannnot wait to see what she sends and hatch those little cuties, I love my silkies.
unfortunately it looks like I have a pen full of roos, I will wait a little longer but its sure is looking that way, hoping to get some ladies for them.

Hey Simple Life my eggs came today and tomorrow will be day 1! There is one partrige and one buff and one white, two cuckoo and three blue/splash pen eggs.

I'm doing silkies next after my cochins hatch next week. I'm trying to wait till these chicks get to be 6 weeks before I get the silkie eggs. At lease I keep telling myself I have to wait. But silkies are so darn cute.

Back
Top Bottom