My Silkie is almost featherless

ekeyser73

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 30, 2013
I have a Silkie Hen that is almost featherless. She has begun to grow some back, but it has been almost 3-4 months now that she has been almost nude. We have started giving her a feather replenisher feed, and also have been trying to separate her more from her "roommate". The quick backstory......a duckling bonded to her as if she were her mother, and now they are inseparable. They live in a tote together in my daughters room since the duck is actually her pet. I am going to be making them an outdoor home attached to my big coop with its own covered run, but for now they are both indoor birds. I need to know if this has happened to anyone else and if they overcame it. Thanks. Oh, and the Silkie is Shirley, and the duck is Laverne.

I have a Silkie Hen that is almost featherless. She has begun to grow some back, but it has been almost 3-4 months now that she has been almost nude. We have started giving her a feather replenisher feed, and also have been trying to separate her more from her "roommate". The quick backstory......a duckling bonded to her as if she were her mother, and now they are inseparable. They live in a tote together in my daughters room since the duck is actually her pet. I am going to be making them an outdoor home attached to my big coop with its own covered run, but for now they are both indoor birds. I need to know if this has happened to anyone else and if they overcame it. Thanks. Oh, and the Silkie is Shirley, and the duck is Laverne.
Can you post pics? it might help some :)

Back
Top Bottom