My Silkie Roo Just Died and I don't know why!

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
I went up to the chicken house this am and my Silkie Roo was laying dead! He looked like he had just fallen off his roost and died. I checked him all over for any wounds punctures etc. I couldn't find a thing wrong with him. He was out free ranging yesterday with all the Silkies and I was with them. He was acting just fine then. What on earth could have happened to him? I would appreciate any ideas....We are heart broken.......he was so sweet and never ever flogged and taught the other roos how to behave.......
hit.gif
:hit

hugs.gif

We can't give you a reason for his death but we may be able to give you soem ideas. Sometimes chickens die for no apparent reason. Without a necropsy it's impossible to know for sure. Chickens can have heart problems, worms, or other illnesses that they're very good at hiding. It's an evolutionary trait to hide illnesses, as predators & flocks target the weakest members.

Many hugs to you & your family as you deal with losing your sweet roo.

He was 1 year old and the best Roo you could ask for. My others will attack from time to time but this one never did and he was a Splash!
Thanks all for the kind words! I just hope there is nothing wrong with my flock.
I keep things clean and use DE often for worming and such, they eat laying crumbles and a little cracked corn when its cold and I let them free range when I can be with them. I guess we just want answers when there are none to be had....

Back
Top Bottom