Here our our Silkie hens to see the difference, same age

Attachments

• 20211016_175408.jpg
    20211016_175408.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211016_175400.jpg
    20211016_175400.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 10
Silkies like to chill, when they r chilling... One must respect the silkies chillness. Sometimes silkies sit in deep contemplation, it's suspected that some silkies have reached enlightenment and transcendental understandings in regards to the true nature of reality through there meditative chillness... Witness the silky magic.
This is hilarious, thank you. I will keep an eye on him and make sure he's getting fed and not getting pecked on. Sounds like he will figure himself out soon.

I thought I'd pop on in here with an update. Lil Roo is all back to normal! I had to keep putting him up on the roost for a week and a half - 2 weeks straight every night. Finally within the last 3 days he had started getting out of the nest for scratch more quickly instead of waiting and he'd be there to greet me out of the nest instead of sitting in it every morning when I arrive. He also rejoined the girls out in the run in the evenings. Then, last night when I went to close up the coop he was up on the top rung of the roost by himself again!!! Yay!! This morning he was out pecking around by the time I went out there to visit them.

He still likes the nests but he isn't so obsessed with them anymore that I have to worry about him not eating or having some sort of problem. He is happy and having fun! I actually think he just prefers the nest but was going through a social issue at the time and being a little too obsessive. He likes to sit on the girl's eggs and warm their nests I think. Thanks for the tips and advice yall.

I catch my alpha rooster in the nesting boxes at least weekly lately, often for an hour at a time. He has a nice batch of new pullets that are on the cusp of, or just started laying. He softly sings the egg song with a variety of cooing noises to inform the girls that 'this area is safe for you to lay eggs', 'this would be a good spot to incubate our babies' etc. He's such a good husband and daddy.

Silkies like to chill, when they r chilling... One must respect the silkies chillness. Sometimes silkies sit in deep contemplation, it's suspected that some silkies have reached enlightenment and transcendental understandings in regards to the true nature of reality through there meditative chillness... Witness the silky magic.
I think this might be the single greatest place google has ever brought me. You’ve calmed my concerns about my tiny fluffy AF dinosaur.

Back
Top Bottom