My Silkish Polkie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sweeterdeeter42, Mar 21, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    My new Silkish Polkie I got on Saturday. She is not looking her best here, she is missing feathers, half her headdress, her wing feathers are cut off, and she had lice when I got her.

[​IMG]

Her and her man. Im hoping to get some ridiculous looking chicks from these guys. He is also in rough shape and is missing a ton of feathers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    WOW.. those should be some great babies!!
    I am crossing a blue splash silkie with an EE, with a GL polish, and other silkies.
    I have a cross bred roo (wcbp/slw) I am hoping crosses to a buff lace polish hen.
    I also have a blue cochin bantam roo who has a golden sebright as a girlfriend.. so those could be some interesting chicks!!

3. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:Hey WIChookChick! Youre 1 hour 20 min. from me! Im by Rockford, Il. Your poor sebright. lol. Im planning on getting a polish hen to add to the mix next month.

4. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    She is BEAUTIFUL!!! [​IMG] If you do get chicks from those two, you should post some pictures! They'd be so CUTE! xD

OKAY.
    This will sound REALLY dumb, but...

Is that a real breed, or a mix? Because I have a hen that looks EXACTLY like yours, and I always just guessed that she was a blue Cochin mix... Hm. Haha, sorry!

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    She is so cute!! You should get some adorable off-spring from them! [​IMG]

6. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:Haha, no, its not a real breed. She is supposed to be a polish/silkie cross. Im not 100% on the polish part, because I would think that she would have more feathers on her head if she was. But that is what I was told. She is in rough shape, so maybe once her feathers start growing back out. [​IMG] I am hoping that if they have chicks, the blue carries through to some of them. I dont know the genetic percentage of getting blue if one of the parents arent black though.

7. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Heyy umm,,,, when you get fertile eggs from them i would love to buysome causse that would be an amazing hatch

8. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG] If they start reproducing, I will certainly be selling some eggs on here once they get going and I try out a few.

9. silkieloverz123

silkieloverz123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    Washington
    Look at how cute they are! The oddball bunch! Lol i love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by