1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Silver Appleyards (huge share)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by zooweemama, Mar 15, 2013.

1. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in love with my SA from Celtic Oaks. They are still young, just about 4 months old or so.

One of the pretty females

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my favorite drake, Henry. He's such a handsome guy! See him looking at me? LOL
    [​IMG]

My other drake who is still getting big boy feathers. He's a couple weeks younger than Henry.
    [​IMG]

2. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    Whoa zooweemama, those pictures are eye candy. Did you take them? I really love the one of your pretty girl stretching! It would be great in a duck calendar or something (do they make those?)

The ducks themselves are very nice, too. I always hear great things about Appleyards and these guys look like quality individuals. How big are they?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I did take them myself. My Instagram and Flickr are loaded. haha I have so many pics of these guys and my chickens lol.

They are really big. Bigger than my production Pekins. They weigh 9/10 pounds right now (my one drake I think might weigh a little more than 10 pounds). I think they are about as big as they are going to get. I love them. Watching them on the pond is such a treat!

4. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my those are some beautiful ducks. I have wanted one of those for soooooo long.

5. marilyn1

marilyn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    very pretty. Nice action photo

6. Sami's Mommy

Sami's Mommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Iowa
    I hope my babies are this pretty when they grow up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by