My Silver-Laced Australorp(ish) Project

This is what I wad referring: 32
Screenshot_20221129-181347_Chrome.jpg

As Opposed to this: 128
Screenshot_20221129-181704_Chrome.jpg

I loved my White Javas. The Blacks were alright but kinda boring. I always wanted to breed some Blue Jersey Giants onto the Black Javas and re-create the Blue Java.

My Java is mottled. Both Mocha and the sister I sold are big, solid girls with considerable heft in the hand and good feather quality so that they never showed rooster wear. Good birds in the flock, just not my favorites. :)

Would a double silver laced Barnevelder work for your project? At least you would have straight combs.

Since the goal is an Australorpish bird with a pattern, yes. But I couldn't readily get them at a price within my budget.

The Wyandottes being used in the initial cross have straight combs.

One of my Wyandottes, Victoria, is straight-combed. Her sister, Maria-Theresa, is rose-combed so I will have that to breed out. They're very nearly POL so I should get fresh pictures.

Can someone do that and see what is the percentage? Realistically that should be percentage one can expect to get if they breed that amount.
Beat me to it.
One of my Wyandottes, Victoria, is straight-combed. Her sister, Maria-Theresa, is rose-combed so I will have that to breed out. They're very nearly POL so I should get fresh pictures.
I thought they both had it. The rose comb is recessive, just like those yellow legs. It'll randomly pop up to plague you for a while, but you should be able to get rid of it.

Beat me to it.

I thought they both had it. The rose comb is recessive, just like those yellow legs. It'll randomly pop up to plague you for a while, but you should be able to get rid of it.
Rose comb is dominant, the Single comb is recessive.

IIRC, I may have had 2 straightcombed chicks but if I did the snake that ate 7 of the 12 chicks from that batch got the other one. :(

Not enough coffee this morning. My brain isn't working.

☕

I was thinking about leg color more than I was comb type, and it all just ran together.

Yeah, the leg color will plague me for a while. But I didn't have access to nice English Orpingtons on my budget.

Back
Top Bottom