My Silver Laced Wyandottes

Jonny Anvil

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2010
Strathcona County, Alberta
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased this SLW pair at an auction and was wondering what others thought of their markings. I am new to this breed and wanted to get a pair to add to my flock. I am also planning on doing some breeding.
Here are some pics, enjoy.

DSC06389.jpg

DSC06394.jpg

DSC06395.jpg

DSC06401.jpg

DSC06404.jpg

DSC06512.jpg

New Neighbors
DSC06516.jpg

I'm going to be honest, so no hurt feelings meant. . .

They look like average hatchery/poor quality Wyandottes. I know they're still young, but the lacing isn't very good, although it is better than most other hatchery stock, and they are FAR from the Wyandotte body type needed for an actual breeding pair. A Wyandotte needs a big, floofy, basket-ball looking boy that does not have such lanky build and high-set, pointy tail.

That aside, if you do like them yourself, that's perfectly fine. Just don't sell their offspring as "quality" birds.
wink.png

Hey I appreciate the comments very much... I would never sell their offspring as "quality birds"

I have been trying to find a quality link to see what the standards are, but I think all the Turkey i ate to day as it is Thanksgiving up here in Canada, has somewhat slowed me down and made me sleepy.... LOL so I am not turning up anything decent. Any links would be great other would share or previous threads would be great.
Always like to hear the opinions of others, and hey as I see it they costed me $10.00 so not a bad deal at all.

Last edited:
Not only that but ....mind you I am NO Expert I do own a okay hatchery quality Silver Laced Wyandotte hen but...the first thing I noticed on the roo was the comb looks wrong looks a lot like my poorly colored hatchery light brahma

63546_newest_024.jpg
My brahma rooster Goose

63546_lacie_2.jpg
My silver laced wyandotte Lacie May

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom