My sister needs encouragement to get chickens!

thespinningcottage

Songster
10 Years
Jun 24, 2009
Arcadia, Florida
Hi, my sister is on the verge of wanting chickens - she is a super sweet person and would be a great chicken mom. I think if she went on here and read some friendly encouragement she would be that much further along in her chicken adventure. She lives in a nice older subdivision in Tampa and could probably have a couple of hens in her pretty, fenced backyard. She is quite interested in my chickens and I think we all just need to send some encouragement her way. Thanks, everyone!
big_smile.png

You need chickens..
Encouragement
Encouragement
Encouragement.
There are lots of chickens out there just looking for a good mama.
Encouragement
Encouragement
Encouragement
Chickens are fun, intelligent, and will love you in return.
Encouragement
Encouragement
Encouragement

I have my first backyard flock of 8 hens (all different breeds) going on 8 weeks old and I am so happy I got them. They are so fun and we just finished building a pretty decent run onto thier premade coop and now I am planning for planting by it for next spring.

I LOVE my chickens! I think they are the best pets ever. I am also looking forward to adding to my flock next spring... gonna squeaze in 2 ducks, too.

smile.png

I hope that helps in some way.

(chanting)
do it
do it
do it
(the chanting gets louder)
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT

All the cool kids are doing it...
gig.gif

How's this...

GET CHICKENS OR ELSE ALL 2000 SOMETHING OF US WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND STRAP YOU TO YOUR COMPUTER CHAIR AND FORCE FEED YOU CHICKEN FEED UNTIL YOU FINALLY CLICK THAT STUPID BUY NOW BUTTON!

listen up, tsc's sister...you NEED chickens. N E E D them.

they make cool noises and they are like living artwork on the lawn. it's going to be fun.

so, i have like eleventy-billion chickens. how many should i put in the back of the truck for you??? Rick can drive me down in like 18 hours i think! Sussex? Black Aussies? Easter Eggers? Hmm??? Blue Orps??? you just let me know and i'll start packing!

c'mooooon! you know you want 'em!!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think there's more than 2000 of us. But yes, that is a good method. She might be bitter though. Hmm.

Quote:
I think there's more than 2000 of us. But yes, that is a good method. She might be bitter though. Hmm.

uh, yeah, there is over 40K of us and i don't think we should force feed her. let's just all give her lots of pretty chickens!
big_smile.png

Let's just sit her down and show her pictures and videos of the cutiest hens, most glorious roos, and happiest chicken parents we can find! Then maybe she will make up her mind...

Back
Top Bottom